style="margin-top:40px
Be careful what you wish for... because you just might get it
RSS

Monday, October 12, 2009

A Cut Above The Rest




This morning i woke up, tired and excited to see if i made the cut. I stood next to 25 other hopeful finalist, each holding their breath trying to keep a smile. The crowd was filled with faces of the people i love the most. I tried to focus my attention on them so my anxiety would flee. I held one single Red Rose as I waited to hear my name... one after the next, time passed, and my name was never called. I simply smiled and walked off the stage, not because i wanted to, but because that was the right thing to do.  Many of us have this ongoing idea of what is "worth" waiting for. I guess somethings that we wait for, will simply never come. Knowing that, we all still take the risk, we wait anyhow, we dream anyhow, we hope anyhow... and ultimately i think that's what keeps us all going. This unexpected part of life that only God knows the true answer to. It's the waiting that makes whatever happen or NOT happen, truly worth while. During times like these, all i can do is give it to God. I know he has a plan for us all, so tonight i'll fall asleep, tired and excited to see what will happen next. 

2 comments:

David Stehle said...

Confused. So were you on a show of The Bachelorette or something?

A Small Town Girl... With Big City Dreams said...

Haha no. A finalist to be the rose queen. For the rose parade and the rose bowl football game!